DEBORAH MUZEL STACHELSKI |
MY SHORT STORY:
AFTER MOVING TO AUSTIN FROM HOUSTON TO ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CULTURE AND STAYED. AFTER DECIDING I WANTED A CREATIVE CAREER, I BEGAN A JOURNEY IN THE WORLD OF DESIGN AND WRITING. I HAVE A PASSION FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND WOMEN IN BUSINESS, AND THAT IS PART OF THE REASON I FOUNDED THE SITE SOCIETY LETTERS. I SPEND MY TIME WRITING, EDITING, PUBLISHING, INTERACTING WITH OTHER CREATIVES ON SOCIAL MEDIA, DESIGNING, TRAVELING AND EXPLORING WHAT NEW THINGS I CAN LEARN.
MY BIGGEST LOVES ARE DESIGN AND TRAVEL STORIES, AS WELL AS INSPIRING AND EMPOWERING OTHERS TO GO FOR THEIR DREAMS. BEING INVENTIVE, SELF-TAUGHT, AND HOLDING MYSELF TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS ARE THE QUALITIES THAT DRIVE MY WORK.
- 2001-2004 - Cy Fair High School - Houston
- 2004 - 2009 -University Of Texas at Austin: Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Psychology, and Sociology (focus on Social and Personality psychology)
- Deborah Stachelski - 2011 - current -- Styling and concept design - I help clients and companies design the look and the logistics of their events,
photoshoots, or marketing material. I curate vendors, color schemes, furnishings and accents to create the look and feel a client desires. My clientele includes brides, corporations, fundraisers, happy hours, charity events, dinners, local animal advocacy initiatives, brands, books, event spaces, and magazines.
- Society Letters - 2015 - current -- founder, editor and publisher - SL is a women's blog geared toward the everyday woman. It seeks to inspire and empower women in every area of their life, and to give the everyday woman a voice. I currently act as creative director and designer, owner, editor, and publisher, as well as operator of all social media outlets connected to it. I seek out and approve new writers, as well as provide each writer with content prompts. SL has grown to over 100,000 visits in six months.
- Huffington Post - 2015 - current - Invited by the Huffington Post to be a contributing writer. Please see my work here.
- Internship with Austin Woman Magazine - worked on stories for print and web, as well as conducted research for editors, participated in
photoshoots, photographed events and places for stories, sorted through contributor pitches, and worked closely with Editor in Chief, Creative DIrector, and Copywriter. Stayed on after internship as freelance writer.
- Freelance Writer - 2013-2015 - My work has also been published on LifeHack, iVillage Australia, Debrief Daily, The Elite Daily, Culture Map Austin, Austin Woman Magazine, Realtor Mag, Sydney Morning Herald, and others.
DETAILS AND SKILLS:
- Interior + event design
- Advanced logistics skills
- Writing and editing skills
- Ability to inspire and encourage others
- Creative and self-motivated
- Self taught in Photography, Photoshop, Lightroom, HTML, Squarespace, Wordpress.
- Fluent in Portuguese
- Fluent in English
- Read/write/basic conversational in Spanish
- Read in Italian
c o n t a c t + m e
firstname.lastname@example.org | 713.876.0907