We love to share interior design and home tours that inspire us, and when we first came across this eclectic Austin home, we knew we wanted to feature it. Meet designer Suzanna Santostefano - she and her husband made the home their own by building some of the furniture themselves and incorporating recycled elements, along with color and texture to create a home that inspires and welcomes those who live in it - coincidentally, the designer's motto. We hope you enjoy her unique home as much as we do
1. My Style: Eclectic, comfortable, a maximalist minimalist.
2. Inspiration: I am most inspired by landscape architecture and architecture. It definitely informs how I see an interior space.
3. Favorite Items: Rugs, textiles, wooden chest my parents brought back from S. Korea in the 80’s
4. Favorite Stores to Shop: Craigslist, and for wall art I like custom art pieces done by my husband and friends.
5. Biggest Challenge: Working with a long, narrow living room.
6. What Friends Say When They First Walk In: The home is so relaxing and they love our unique style.
7. Proudest Design Project: The shared kids bedroom because I created a very functional space that everyone loves to be in, and the vision I had for the room came to life seamlessly.
8. Favorite Room To Enjoy and Why: The most used room in the house is our kitchen/dining room. We entertain a lot and this is where everyone gathers. We have double French doors that open it all up to the backyard and our deck that acts like a second dining room. I love how everyone spills out of the house into the backyard - which if it was considered a room would be my favorite!
9. Biggest Indulgence: Always rugs.
10. My Best Decorating Advice Is: Make your home comfortable and livable. If you’re stuck and not sure what to do, hire someone that can help guide you. It’s worth it to make your home a place you love to be.