Get More by Giving - 22 Ways You Can Give Back This Season
Christmas is the time of year that really gets me in the mindset of giving. Maybe it's because of all the gift buying and holiday shopping, or the plate passing by an extra time for the holiday offering at your church. One thing is for sure: Giving is part of our household, and something that is routine for our family.
Most of us have been blessed with great jobs, a nice place to live, and decent salaries. Because God has blessed us with all of these things, we
The traditional way that we personally give is through tithing. We give an offering to our church every month, and to make it easier on ourselves, we make our tithe a “monthly bill” so that we never have to worry about where the money is coming from, and so we don't forget.
But another way that we love to give back is by sponsorship. We sponsor two children through the organization World Vision. We sponsor a young boy named
For those of you who find it hard to give due to financial restraints, there are many other ways you can give back. Here are some ways you can give back this holiday season:
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
- Pack up Christmas gifts for children in need during the holidays.
- Help a neighbor clean snow off their steps and driveway.
- Adopt a family for the holidays through a local Salvation Army branch.
- Hold a package-making party for soldiers abroad.
- Provide a warm meal to a needy person.
- Support needy animals through organizations such as Rock & Rawhide.
- Host a holiday brunch for widows and children who have lost their parents in the military.
- Pay for your coffee order the one behind you.
- Leave a significant tip for a waiter or waitress.
- Donate old toys it to a local church or mission.
- Become a Big Brother or Big Sister through Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Purchase as many gloves as you can, and donate to a children’s shelter.
- Sing carols and serve cookies at an assisted-living facility for the elderly.
- Help needy animals - collect food, bedding, toys, and treats for your local shelter.
- Adopt a pet instead of buying a puppy.
- Donate an old bike through Wheels of Change.
- Shop for gifts through organizations that give back, such as Mitscoots, TOMS, and
- Look for good volunteering opportunities through Volunteer Match.
- Clean out your closet and donate your old clothes.
- Donate a dollar to whatever cause they are supporting when you check out at the grocery store.
- I truly believe that if you give to others, you will receive it back in one way or another. The more you give,
however thatmight look to you, the more you will receive at some point or another.
I encourage you to give, not only this holiday
I hope you and your family are blessed this holiday season!