DIY Skin Care and Cosmetics
The alarm clock sounds off and I slowly roll out of bed. I start the Keurig and take those first delightful sips of aromatic coffee that arrived from the source of a tidy cup. I have a few moments before the house wakes and the whirlwind ensues. I check myself in the mirror. Now 34, I am learning to enjoy my changing face and newer wrinkles. I am trying hard to accept them graciously, but not welcome them sooner than need be. I am
I've been given this calling to be a mom, which involves raising these precious beings who look at me with their big hopeful eyes and receiving hearts. My duty to care for them as they have
Here are some of my favorites I use and some recipes for those I make to cut down on cost...
• Coconut Oil - this one is huge and what I use for so much! This is my
• Vitamin E Oil - I use this for under my eyes and growing wrinkles. I apply a very small drop to my palm and then take my ring finger dotting along my under eye. Again being careful not to get too close to my eyes.
• DIY Citrus Honey Face and Body Scrub - I use this about once a week on my face and body. It is fantastic for a quick skin refresh and is so simple to make (recipe here).
• DIY Dry Shampoo - I love this stuff. It gives my hair volume and keeps it from looking greasy when I have to skip a wash on my hair. I apply it with a makeup brush, let it sit, tousle and then style my hair as normal (recipe here).
• DIY Mineral Veil/Bronzer - once my makeup is applied I give a light dusting of my veil/
While these tips and recommendations are mentioned with a mommy schedule in mind - these products are fantastic for anyone looking to save some money or time. They may take some getting used to and play around with how you use them. As with anything else, please make sure to check for allergies and test skin before use. I hope this gives you some new ways to