I'd be a millionaire!
It is now 9:17 in the morning.
"MOOOOMMMM! Can you hear me? Why you not listening to me? Mommy, can I have some water? Are you listening mommy? Mommy, I still need some water! MOOOOMMMMMMMM!!"
I've already heard my name 174 times. No, I'm not exaggerating! Yes, I've really counted! Yes, I'm on my third cup of coffee! I've scrubbed two toilets, done four loads of laundry, rearranged the entire playroom and I think I hear my name being called again. Wait, is it bedtime yet?
I know, you don't get it! Seriously, I don't get it! Why is this the most rewarding job I've ever had, yet I feel completely exhausted and it's only 9:17! Like, I'm pretty sure something just sucked the life out of me because I don't know how I can function another twelve hours! Wait, I got it! Nap time! Praise The Lord, is it nap time? What do you mean you're not tired? How can you not be tired? Ok, then I need five minutes! Give mommy five minutes of silence! Five dollars, for five minutes! You can totally do this! It's five whole dollars!
Not even 30 seconds pass.... MOOOOMMMM! Ok dude, give me back my five dollars! You didn't even last fifty cents!
Have you ever heard the saying "You Reap What You Sow?" When God created our handsome little gem, he knew exactly what he was doing! He blessed him with every single bit of his mommy's personality, endless amount of energy and then sprinkled his daddy's goodness on top! He honestly created him perfectly but wait, did he really create me for the second time but like a better version of myself?! Is it five minutes I need from myself or five minutes I need from him?! No Lindsey, you need patience! Yes, I said patience! You were once in his very same shoes!
Now listen, let me say this before I seem like an ungrateful wife because my husband bends over backwards to provide for our family! I am incredibly grateful that I am fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom, start my own business, work from home and yeah I can even whip up a DIY, start a renovation or redecorate my entire home on any given day! My options are honestly endless and for that I am more than grateful!
However, I will be the first to say you will at some point or maybe even multiple points completely lose sight of how grateful you truly are. There will be days you will be so overwhelmed you can't see straight! Days you're standing at the door waiting on your husband to get home because you want to go to the bathroom in peace and quiet, take a shower longer than a minute and eat a real meal that isn't being stolen from you. Trust me, this will happen to you!
Never say never! Being a mom and juggling all the jobs is hard. This is what I wish I would have known....
1. KEEP GOD FIRST- This is pretty straight to the point! Everything around you will crumble if He isn't your number one!
2. KEEP YOUR MARRIAGE: Sounds crazy right? Why is she telling me this? The second your child comes into this world nothing else matters! You seriously want to eat, breath and sleep every single ounce of them! Trust me, I did it! We did it! It's very easy to do and it's very easy to push your spouse to the side! It's even easier to do if you're a stay at home mom! Sounds crazy right? Trust me, there are somedays you will carry on a longer conversation with your toddler than your husband! Don't let this happen! He came first, so keep him first!
3. KEEP A ROUTINE- Don't just fly by the seat of your pants or you will go crazy! I'm serious, like coocoo for cocoa puffs! Don't be that girl! Nobody wants to hang out with her! They need consistency and you need consistency! Find a daily routine that works for you both and stick to it. Your days will be smoother and your sanity will be in tact.
4. KEEP YOUR GIRLFRIENDS: Yes, I said it! You need adult interaction besides your husband! If your only interaction is with your toddler and husband, you will start singing Doc McStuffins when you should be singing Beyoncé! It's ok, clock out for the evening and just be a wife! You need that and you deserve that!
5. KEEP THIS IN MIND: LeapFrog is the most amazing thing ever created! If your kid is in need of some tv time, then this is the way to go! They're like sponges, they absorb everything, so make it something educational! Not to mention, they're all on Netflix!
Lastly, PATIENCE! You need A LOT of patience! Sometimes patience is challenging, but little ones require a lot of it! So be patient with them because they feel every emotion you feel!
Deep breaths my friends, it's going to be a bumpy ride, but you got this, we got this! It will be your toughest challenge, but your greatest accomplishment. Let me know what works for you in the comment section below. I'd love to hear from you!
You might also like: